Friday, August 17, 2012

I Lied To My Daughter

Subtitle:  "Megan's Sweet 16 Party"

I have a confession... I lied to my daughter!  After spending two days back in Cameroon getting our kids settled in to the new UBAC dorm house , we kissed our kids goodbye as they headed off to their first day of the new school year.  However... that was a bald-faced lie!  Joe and Sam were in on it, by the way.

Alace and I set the stage in the UBAC dorm house living room.

... the dining area was readied as well...  Joe had actually made a facebook page (somehow kept it secret from Megan) to announce the party and invite everyone. 

The plan was to have everyone come to UBAC right after the final bell (the house is adjacent to the campus) and get ready for Megan to arrive.  Joe and a friend had a plan to keep Megan distracted for a bit on campus.  It all worked!  About 50 or so showed up!

THE BIG MOMENT!!!  SURPRISE!!!  In the end, she had sensed something was up, but was still not expecting what happened.  We are so blessed to have a wonderful, beautiful daughter who is maturing into a Godly woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment