Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sharing the Headline with Mark Wahlberg

So what if it was section C of a small town newspaper?

Backstory:  So, at the end of every year, TIME magazine honors their "Person of the Year".  This year, it turned out to be the Ebola Caregivers.  When I heard about this news, it reminded me of how thankful I was when I was the one walking into the ER of my local hospital with a mysterious illness having recently returned from Africa.  Yep- that was me, here in York, Pennsylvania, this past June.  It was an interesting experience.


So, I felt prompted to log onto the internet and write a letter to the editor of my local newspaper recounting my situation and how blessed the people of this region of PA are to have dedicated and heroic caregivers as those the TIME magazine are honoring.

Then...

A day later, I'm on the phone with one of the newspaper's journalists who picked up the story and wanted to feature it in his weekly column!  Pretty cool.  So, on Friday, December 19, 2014 I shared the headline of the newspaper with actor Mark Wahlberg!  ...okay, okay... it was section C, however, I think you'll agree there is a "cool" factor here.

That's Marky-Mark under the word "Gambler"; it's me under the word "Ebola"


Here is the full article: (hit the + on the magnification to make it readable... located at the bottom of the window)









No comments:

Post a Comment