Sunday, November 11, 2012

Crazy Quick Trip to US

At the wedding- a bit chillier than we're used to!
So, my niece asked me to marry her.  Okay... that sounds weird.  Let me rephrase...  My niece asked me to come to the US and preform the marriage ceremony.  Yep- that's right... I'm an ordained pastor who can marry, bury, baptize, and sometimes, get really good parking spaces near the front of hospitals.

As it turned out, the wedding date fell directly on the first Saturday of our children's 2 week fall break from school so, thanks to some radical family generosity, airfare was purchased and we all were able to travel to the US!!!


SWAK!  The wedding and time with family was great!


Here's the whole STRAW clan that made it to the celebration.

After the wedding in TN, a long car ride brought us to PA!  Mount Nittany!!!

(From R to L: Wendy, Gram, Margaret, & Alace) As usual, our friends in York took great care of us!  The Shuey's opened their doors to host our stay.
Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Skeet flew in from Dallas and Gram drove in from Hamilton, OH!

On my way from the wedding to a meeting at JAARS in North Carolina, my brother and his family hosted me for dinner!  I had great fun with my niece and nephew, Emma and Jackson.

We're blessed with friends that got together with us on several occasions, helping us to make the most of our 2 weeks.

Of course, we found time to visit some of our favorite restaurants.  Can you guess where we are here?

Add caption
It was a very quick trip to the US and there was not really time to get over jet-lag before the kids had to be back in school and Steve got back to the inspection of the aircraft.  However, we were so grateful for our family's generosity to make a way for the airfare so that we could be at the wedding and see so many of our family at once- a chance that we don't often get living so far away.

We had three legs to the journey back to Cameroon with United and Brussels airlines... This turned into another unexpected adventure as our first leg (Harrisburg, PA to Chicago) was delayed due to weather and we had to spend 40 additional hours in Chicago.  That will be the next story...


No comments:

Post a Comment