Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Neighbor's Airplane

The much anticipated Cessna 207 Soloy is on it's way to Cameroon to the SIL Aviation base in Yaounde!!!

I'm very excited for my good friends there.  Here is the link where you can watch their progress online:

CLICK HERE

The Cessna 207 "Soloy" means that it has been converted from a piston-powered engine to a turbine (turbo-prop) engine!  From 300 Horsepower to 412 Horsepower!  This was a conversion that we were hoping (and still hope) to do for our Cessna 207, but at the time of our program's launch, we did not have the funds available for the high price tag.

Since I plan to have 3 to 4 visits to the SIL hangar in Yaounde per year, I'm going to do what I can to become very familiar with there Soloy program.  In our hourly operating costs currently, we are setting aside funds to pay for 1/2 of a future conversion for our Cessna 207.  We'll see how the Lord directs our paths on that.  Please pray! 

For more info on the "Soloy" conversion, CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment