Monday, September 22, 2008

RDV with the VIP's

(RDV= Rendez-Vous)

Today I put on the old pilot uniform to meet some VIP's.

I traveled with Serge, the administrator of the Bongolo Hospital, to visit two government officials. The first stop was to the civil aviation ministry where we met the director of aviation transport. He is a believer and said that they are very happy we are here. He affirmed to me that everything seems in order for us to proceed with our work. After getting a photo with him, we were on our way. Our second stop wast to the minister of Health. While walking between buildings, we saw him in the parking lot and chatted briefly there. He was on his way to a meeting and couldn't talk long. He also mentioned that he is happy that the air service is close to starting and that he "has an open heart to the Bongolo Hospital"- meaning he loves what they are doing. It is great to have these people on board with what we're trying to accomplish.

After the government VIP's, it was time to visit the church VIP's. We went to the south end of Libreville which is home to CEFTAC, the Bible college. The college is just getting back in session for the new semester. It is also the home of the C&MA- Gabon headquarters. We met and chatted with the director of the college as well as the Vice President of the denomination- I got a photo with these guys as well.

So, even though I did not get to the port, we were able to get to these meetings. Very profitable day!

Tomorrow morning, my hope is to get our newsletter out via email, and then, by 11am, I hope to be at the port, loading our stuff from France! However, as you may conclude by now, I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment