Saturday, August 6, 2011

Aircraft Update... GREAT NEWS!!!

Here are a series of recent updates regarding the aircraft (sorry, no pictures this time!).  I'll start with some great news regarding the completion date of repairs! (all notes are from Dale, lead mechanic at MMS Aviation)

28 July: 

We are waiting on some parts at the moment, as I found more wrong with the tailcone than I could see.  We have disassembled the tailcone and are starting on that while I wait for a rear carry through spar (again) we found that the one that we had was made incorrectly be Cessna. News on the HF radio is that we should get the approval in a week or so.  That means that I will have to stat buying some parts.  The power supply that is with the HF is not the correct one for our installation.  Also circuit breakers,. mounts antenna parts and a whole bunch of other things.  At this point in time, I plan to have 207FD completed at the end of September. 

01 August:
I was inspecting under the panel and in the circuit breaker panel, and found some wiring upgrades needed.  I also found some circuit breakers missing their amp rating on the face of the breaker.  I have taken care of a lot of the wiring, and a few more things should work now (fan, standby vacuum, taxi light to mention a few).  I wanted to know if I could clean up the breaker panel and install a few new circuit breakers (the pull type).  Also group things a little better than they are now.  The avionics bus is split into about 4 separate buses.  things are also not really labeled as they really are, so I would like to adjust the placards to reflect what the circuit breaker is really connected to.

03 August:
The ELT is not registered to your aircraft and will need to be sent away for reprogramming and registration will have to be done after that., reprogramming can only be done by the manufacturer.  cost of $450.  Do I have your permission to do this.  It was still registered to N9950M.

04 August:
Hi Steve. Today, I powered up the engine analizer and downloaded the data from your last 18 flights in Febuary and March of 2010, and the 2 times after that that you ran the engine on august 17th for the engine preservation.  Very good data, but unfurtunatly there is no fuel flow data, onlt CHT's and EGT's, battery voltage and oil temps. The tailcone is almost all put together with clecos.  We are repairing the section of the tailcone where the tie down bolt was, as there was previous damage, maybe some from your accident too.  So a new skin is going on there, a bulkhead repair and the new tiedown from MAF. Work continues. Dale

05 August:
My team is hard at work.  Josh is doing some final painting of the tail cone pieces, and getting the fuselage ready for painting.  Chuck is installing the spar carry through along with Phil.  Once that is in they will rivet the roof skins back on.  Andy is finishing up on the tail skid installation and getting the rear bulkheads ready for painting. As next week rolls around, I plan to hang the wings on Wednesday, so that we can do some symmetry checks on the tail cone before we start riveting.

No comments:

Post a Comment