Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Safety First!

Subtitle: A Visit from Missions Safety International

A few months ago I received an email from Steve Quigg with Missions Safety International (MSI) saying that he and some colleagues were heading to Africa and asking if they could stop by. Our program has joined MSI knowing that they are the pro's when it comes to assisting aviation programs to make safety a way of life in their organization. Flying around equatorial Africa brings it's share of dangers, and we need to do all we can to minimize the variables.


So, when I got the email, I responded enthusiastically that we'd love them to come and that we expected that their visit would be right on the heels of the arrival of our aircraft- perfect timing! The details were planned and...

Steve and Jon Egeler arrived last Friday night and we spent the next few days getting to know one another, chatting about life in Christ, and how we can serve the Lord with excellence. I'm
thankful for their input and our program will be the better for it. They encouraged our whole family on this journey- this means so much.

So, even though I didn't have our HOT Cessna 207 to show off to them, it turned out that having this time to sit down and really think through our program's approach to safety in a comprehensive way has come at just the right time.

I am continually amazed at God's timing. I have a tendency on getting "tunnel vision" on the STUFF of ministry and forget that He cares about developing PEOPLE more! He reminds me that he cares about CHARACTER over my COMFORT.

Before bed last night, my kids and I looked at the Gospel of Matthew and Jesus' words- "Seek first the Kingdom of God and HIS righteousness". Nowhere in there is reference to the pursuit of comfort, convenience, or stuff. Simply seeking Him. May it be so.




No comments:

Post a Comment